- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences
- Supervise the developing of schemes of work and lesson plans by staff
- Facilitate a safe learning and teaching environment for all the staff ensuring proper coordination of the timetable.
- Mobilize learning materials and resources for use in educational activities
- Identify and select different instructional resources and methods to meet students’ varying needs including using technology to support the learning process.
- Monitor progress of the students and develop assessment tools on regular basis including analyzing results to inform the rehabilitation process.
- Provide appropriate feedback on work through team meetings, briefs to the ICC Manager and monthly reports on individual children including individual children literacy and numeracy progress.
- Establish and facilitate the operations of a children’s assembly to deliberate of the developments within ICC including developing disciplinary procedures for the centre.
- Perform certain pastoral duties including but not limited to children support, counseling children with academic problems and providing encouragement
- Participate in department and organization meetings including parent meetings
- Keep up to date with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities.
- Perform any other tasks as directed by the interim care center manager and the programs manager for capacity building.
Qualified and experienced in teaching ideally with experience in teaching children exhibiting challenging behaviour. Shows initiative and works consistently to a high standard with minimal supervision. Respects and earnestly desires to help vulnerable children and their families. Puts children’s interests first always Resilient and patient. Honest and trustworthy. Maintains discipline fairly and in keeping with Child Protection Policy. Good communicator with children, colleagues, managers and wider community, Flexible and cooperative with team colleagues, imaginative in teaching methods.