The AfCiC Economic Empowerment programme is designed to give people the tools to be able
to support themselves economically. Primarily, this part of our work is aimed not at children
who live and work on the streets, more at youths and families, those who have the capacity to
work and to forge livelihoods themselves.
- To prevent children from dropping out of school to the streets because of lack of basic
provision through economically empowering their guardian.
- To help parents regain the self-esteem they have lost through poverty and their inability to
meet their children’s basic needs, giving them a legitimate income to support themselves and
- To teach parents and guardians financial responsibility by giving loans, rather than aid, which
have to be repaid over time.
- To enable guardians of vulnerable children to provide for the basic needs of the children in their
care, without having to depend on hand-outs.
- To engage street youths in legal and productive training and work.
- To enable youths and parents who want to get into work to not be hindered by not being
Tel: +254 714 038 285/+254 722 753 137 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Kenyadirector@actionchildren.or.ke
Action for Children in Conflict,Section 9, off Mgoko Road,P.O.Box, 6439-01000,Thika, Kenya.