Communications and Fundraising Volunteer
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Developing & implementing AfCiC’s Fundraising Strategy (including corporate fundraising work, trusts & grants work & community fundraising)
- Researching & submitting funding proposals & applications to Trusts & Grant Making Bodies, (in consultation with the Director)
- Organizing AfCiC fundraising event, alongside encouraging and supporting AfCiC supporter’s fundraising events and activities
- Writing donor reports in a timely fashion & ensuring regular correspondence and communications with all our local and international supporters
- Organizing & attending meetings with Trusts, Corporates & Schools
- Providing written fundraising reports for the Trustees on a quarterly basis
- Working with staff and volunteers in the different programmes to develop shorts stories and good photographs of AfCiC’s work.
- Compiling and ensuring the wide distribution of a quarterly newsletter
- Working with the staff, volunteers and children to compile a monthly bulletin for local businesses, the local council etc. comprising of photographs, short stories and event reports.
- Increasing local and international awareness of AfCiC’s work.
- Generating new local sponsors in order to aid the sustainability of the programmes.
- Creating & distributing effective communication materials for the organization e.g producing new leaflets, updating the website and social media and engaging in multi-media to bringing our supporters closer to the organisation
- Responding to enquiries about AfCiC and our programmes via email or phone from potential or existing donors
- Degree in PR& Media, Communications, Marketing or related field highly preferred
- Experience in communications and/or fundraising
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages
- Excellent organisational skills