The ceremony entailed the eventful occurrence of the former street boys who were successfully rehabilliated and enrolled back school by AFCIC.
Having attained the requisite and necessary age, the five boys underwent the whole surgical procedure under the meticulous and delicate care of Dr. Oscar Ndumbi.
This is an event that will mark a successfu transition from one stage to another primarily being the transition from childhood to adulthood.
The month of December hence marked the successful completion of this activity. The parents also came together and they were vastly involved in the organization of this activity. The girls also were subjected to vigorous counselling and membership and it can be summed up as a thoroughly successful activity.
Five boys,David Chege,Michael Musyoka,Paul Ngugi Anthony wanyoike and Samuel Njuguna
who are all over 15 years of age and from very destitute families has been every worried when it comes to December as for two years now their playmates have been graduating from child hood to adult hood through the circumcision rite that costs approximately 10,000 including all the costs of medical surgery, medicine and the feeding which has not been affordable for these boys. This year AFCIC staff voluntarily contributed and the boys were happy to go through these rite of passage.
What are the benefits of circumcision?
There is some evidence that circumcision has health benefits, including:
- A decreased risk of urinary tract infections.
- A reduced risk of some sexually transmitted diseases in men.
- Protection against penile cancer and a reduced risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners.
- Prevention of balanoposthitis (inflammation of the glands and foreskin).
- Prevention of phimosis (the inability to retract the foreskin) and paraphimosis (the inability to return the foreskin to its original location).
- Circumcision also makes it easier to keep the end of the penis clean.
THE AFCIC FAMILY IS NOW PROUD THAT THESE BOYS WILL FULLY ENJOY THESE BENEFITS OF CIRCUMCISION